Tuesday, October 03, 2006

IMPRESSIONS

It was definitely a fun season, and the general idea that Red and everybody that worked on it developed works well.

One problem with the Rotisserie format (just adding up total points) is that all weeks are not the same -- for example Red made a really good call and started Kristin Bell in the final week and earned 8 points. In an earlier week, people also made a good call and started Jessica Simpson, who produced 30 points. Rewarding the Jessica Simpson pick 4 times as much seems out of whack. A 34-17 win is just as impressive as a 68-34 win.

And I'm not sure that I would exactly define my season as "lucky". I was no good at the game in the beginning, was 2-5 with so few points that I had to avoid losing the rest of the way. I ended up going 7-0-1 from there, in almost every case against teams in the race that were submitting teams each week. In the playoffs, however, there certainly was a huge element of luck in having the Bears on Sunday night football. Thankfully, the Lions have put up no such distractions . . .

I would still like to try a draft . . . drafts are fun and they would add a prediction factor as well as requiring more than just running Wilhud and Tomkat out every week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home