Sunday, October 01, 2006

Playoff match-ups, week 1, and thoughts on the season

So the playoffs are set. Carol Seaver and Ponch, the top two seeded teams, get byes this week. Next week, Carol will face the lower-seeded team to come out of this week's first round of playoffs, and Ponch will face the higher-seeded team to prevail.

Playoff week one match-ups:
AJ Simon vs. Colt Seavers
Isaac, Your Bartender vs. Moogie

Some general thoughts on this season:

I thought that this league worked well. There were some issues to be ironed out early on, but in all I thought this was fun and successful.

It does seem that A.J. Simon and Colt Seavers are really quite lucky. They would have been the ninth and tenth seeded teams, respectively, had we done a rotisserie league, but instead they both made the playoffs. And will be playing each other, in a battle of the low scorers.

Rudy, on the other hand, must be the most unlucky person who played this season. She had the most points of any player in the league, but didn't manage to make the playoffs. Neither did Mrs. King, who would have been the fifth seed had we just used cumulative points. And despite all of my complaints with choosing the head-to-head format, I would have missed the playoffs either way (although I would have been in seventh place had we used cumulative points).

This has been a long season, and for those who continued to post teams week after week, even after being eliminated from the playoffs, I thank you. I think that involved participants makes for a far more interesting league. I definitely want to do this again, although I think we should take a little break between seasons.

I think that this season was a bit long, so next time around I would like to shorten the season and use a rotisserie format, rather than head-to-head. But we can discuss all of that when we start planning for season two.

For now, good luck to the eight teams that made the playoffs. And there won't be an accessory of the week throughout playoff season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home