Thursday, July 06, 2006

Scoring this week; amendment to week one scores

I believe that AJ Simon has offered to be our official scorer for this week. AJ, is this correct? If so, AJ gets to pick this week's accessory--just announce it whenever you want, but the sooner the better, probably.

If AJ is scoring, I can do the double-checking, although I won't be able to do so until Sunday (and perhaps not until pretty late on Sunday). If AJ isn't scoring, does someone else want to? If not, I can do it, but again--the scores won't be posted until Sunday.

Finally, I have to make two changes on the week one scores. None of this changes any match outcomes or standing placements. But everyone who had Nicole Kidman in week one gets an extra point--there was an inset I hadn't originally noticed. So that means that Red Fraggle, Rudy Huxtable, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Isaac, Your Bartender and Carol Seaver get an extra point. I will reflect this in the most current standings (posted from week two) as well as the week one standings and week one head-to-head.

And AJ Simon and Spellbound get another point for Heather Mills, who was on the cover of Us Weekly that ran in the background of a Janet Jackson photo. No points for Paul McCartney because although his name appears on the cover, you can't see his picture (he is cropped out).

Don't forget to make your picks on or before Sunday!

4 Comments:

Blogger A. J. Simon said...

I'm pretty sure McCartney wasn't cropped out and that those were his pants that you can see in the photo (next to Heather Mills' dress). Why do you miss him, why do you dis' him, since he's 64?

1:11 PM  
Blogger A. J. Simon said...

Oh and I did agree to score for this week -- I've been practicing by noticing all the people I see on the streets wearing sunglasses.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

Holt and I looked long and hard at the Mills photo and couldn't determine what was next to her. There was a very small black mark of some sort. I could have been Paul's pants, but it also could have been the background. There was no way to tell unless you had some sort of outside source. We decided that a photo needs to be able to stand on its own (sure, if there is a caption telling you who it is, that is fine--but this was just a black dot--Sir Paul could have been off to her side some more. There just wasn't enough to make a decision on him.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

And Rudy, your points are already included.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home